Our vision is to be the leading Ministry, effective and efficient in overseeing and applying general economic and fiscal management, and to be transparent and accountable in our use of public resources.
Our Mission is to formulate sound economic and fiscal policies and to mobilize and prudently manage financial and material resources in line with agreed policies and priorities in order to contribute to the development of our country.
Our values are:
- Transparency and accountability
- Teamwork and responsiveness
- And Personal intergrity
Organizational Structure of the Ministry of Finance
The Ministry of Finance comprises the following institutions :-
- Ministry Headquarters, the Treasury
- Accountant General’s Department
- The Malawi Revenue Authority
- The Financial Intelligence Unit
- The Malawi Social Action Fund
- The Local Development Fund
- Central Government Stores
The Ministry headquarters provides leadership for the whole Ministry. The Ministry headquarters is headed by the Secretary to the Treasury.